STUDENT ESSAYIST AWARDS
- One (1) Grand Prize: $40,000 scholarship (up to $10,000 per year renewable up to 4 years)*
- One (1) First Runner-Up: $15,000 scholarship (up to $3,750 per year renewable up to 4 years)*
- One (1) Second Runner-Up: $10,000 scholarship (up to $2,500 per year renewable up to 4 years)*
- One (1) Third Runner-Up: $5,000 scholarship (up to $2,500 per year renewable up to 2 years)*
- Six (6) Honorable Mentions: $500 cash prize
*Grades 11-12 Scholarship requirements:
- Scholarship winners may enroll as full-time students at any accredited four-year college/university within or outside of Ohio.
- Scholarship finalists may be required to submit additional information including GPA, ACT/SAT scores.
- Financial need is not a consideration.
- Scholarship winners are required to enroll as full-time students in a course of study leading to a degree in an accredited Pell-eligible, four-year college or university.
- Scholarship winners must complete sufficient course hours each grading period to maintain status as a full-time student as defined by the institution and will be required to submit grades and verification of enrollment on a regular basis.
- Scholarship prize is not transferable. If scholarship winner forfeits the prize before beginning school (accepts another full scholarship, unable to attend college), the prize is held in trust for future winners.
- If scholarship winner drops out or is dismissed from school, remaining funds are held in trust for future winners.
NOTE: Scholarships are administered by College Now Cleveland.
- One (1) 6th Grade First Prize: $400
- One (1) 7th Grade First Prize: $400
- One (1) 8th Grade First Prize: $400
- One (1) 9th Grade First Prize: $400
- One (1) 10th Grade First Prize: $400
ALL student winners also receive:
- A one-year Maltz Museum Family Membership
- Free admission for a field trip to the Maltz Museum for their class
ANTI-BIAS EDUCATION AWARDS
Six (6) schools will be eligible to win up to $5,000 specifically for anti-bias education. The six (6) will be:
- The one (1) high school of the Youth Speak Out Grand Prize Winner
- The one (1) middle or high school with the highest percentage of Youth Speak Out student entries
- The two (2) high schools of the first and second place Youth Sing Out performances
- The Two (2) middle schools of the first and second place Youth Sing Out performances
All winners are announced at an awards ceremony held at Severance Hall on Thursday, April 2, 2020. Families are encouraged to attend the event to see students honored for their achievements.