The Capture & Trial of Adolf Eichmann
CLOSED IN CLEVELAND JULY 24, 2016 - TRAVELING
The head of the Nazis’ homicidal “Jewish Department” who zealously managed the transport of millions of innocent people to death camps vanished after World War II. Photographs, film and recently declassified spy artifacts reveal the dramatic secret history behind the daring abduction and globally broadcast trial of a principal perpetrator of the Final Solution. This world premiere exhibition is a co-production of Beit Hatfutsot – The Museum of the Jewish People, Tel Aviv, Israel; The Mossad – Israeli Secret Intelligence Service and the Maltz Museum of Jewish Heritage.
Get a video preview of the exhibition here.
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
- “Operation Finale: The Capture & Trial of Adolf Eichmann,” on view at the Maltz Museum of Jewish Heritage in Beachwood, is an extraordinary exhibition. It engages your intellect at the start and tears your heart out by the end.” – Cleveland Jewish News
- “The breathtaking capture portion of the exhibit, presented with the verve of a John le Carre novel, leads to the most somber area of "Operation Finale": the trial. Told through video montages surrounding the actual bulletproof box Eichmann sat in, the immersive exhibit gives visitors the feeling that they are at the historic 1961 trial.” – Plain Dealer
- “The exhibit is constructed much like the story of Eichmann himself. Everything is in plain view but multiple twists and turns must be followed in order to understand the entire story.” –AXS
- “The massacre in Orlando has many people thinking about the power of hate, and the weaknesses in our defense against it. An exhibition at the Maltz Museum of Jewish Heritage provides lessons and insights from another dark chapter in world history.” – WKSU 89.7FM
- “Seeing Eichmann under guard and on trial, after just learning about his elaborate abduction, is thoroughly engaging . . . [viewers] feel like an impassioned participant rather than a vested observer.” – Hadassah Magazine
CONFIRMED DATES TO SEE OPERATION FINALE IN OTHER CITIES
Check back. Dates added as contracts confirmed. Want to bring the exhibition to your museum? Contact Lindsay Miller, Registrar & Exhibitions Coordinator at 216.593.0580 or email email@example.com.
- FEBRUARY 19 - JUNE 18, 2017 - Illinois Holocaust Museum & Education Center
- JULY 16 – DECEMBER 22, 2017 - Museum of Jewish Heritage—A Living Memorial to the Holocaust, New York
- FEBRUARY 10, 2018 – JULY 15, 2018 - Florida Holocaust Museum
- OCTOBER 12, 2019 – JANUARY 5, 2020 - The National World War II Museum, New Orleans