15th Annual Stop the Hate Youth Speak Out & Youth Sing Out Awards Ceremony
Wed, April 19, 7:00 pm
Online Event via Zoom
Free & open to the public.
Join us for the 15th Annual Stop the Hate® Youth Speak Out & Youth Sing Out Awards Ceremony which annually awards $100,000 in scholarships and prizes to middle and high schools, students, and teachers speaking out against bias and discrimination. Be inspired by young people of different cultures, backgrounds, and identities raising their voices to effect change in their communities.
- Meet the top 20 Youth Speak Out essay contest finalists from 6th – 12th grades
- Hear the essays of the 11th & 12th grade finalists competing for a $20,000 college scholarship
- Discover which schools wrote the winning Youth Sing Out song lyrics
- Celebrate the 2022 Stop the Hate Teachers of the Year
- Find out how your student or school can participate next year
Winners will be named on Wednesday, April 19 at 7:00 p.m. online via Zoom. Advance registrations are required.
Now in its fifteenth year, and as timely as ever, the Maltz Museum in Beachwood, is proud to name the Top Twenty Student Finalists for the 2023 Stop the Hate Youth Speak Out Awards and Top Ten Class Finalists for the 2023 Stop the Hate Youth Sing Out Awards.
This year, 3,000 Northeast Ohio students participated in the Stop the Hate contest by writing individual essays or group songs and submitting entries for their chance to win prizes for themselves and their schools. All the entries are inspirational, celebrating the voices of young people who are creating a more accepting and inclusive society. Read More