Visitor Services Associate
SUPERVISOR: Manager, Volunteer and Visitor Services
SCHEDULE: Part-Time (10-20 hrs. week)
The Visitor Services Associate acts as a customer service agent in all areas of the Museum relating to admissions, crowd flow, ticketing, Museum Store sales, general admission, and membership. The VSA will also show exemplary customer service for all front of house including front desk, Museum Store, galleries, special events, and assist in handling all issues related to visitor safety and comfort.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Check-in and orient guests upon arrival.
- Maintain a safe environment for visitors and staff.
- Provide excellent front desk, museum store and overall customer service to guests.
- Answer telephone ticketing reservation line, return voicemail messages, and input visitor reservations.
- Sell memberships and Museum Store merchandise.
- Open and close the Museum.
- Ensure information desk and museum store are well organized.
- Provide accurate cash depositing and reporting.
- Monitor front desk, exhibitions, and Museum Store throughout the day to ensure safety protocols are being observed.
- Maintain a cordial and open atmosphere for volunteers.
- Assist with set-up and management of private and special events.
- Troubleshoot computer and AV problems.
- Provide support for special projects across museum departments.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
High School diploma, College preferred
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Two years’ visitor/guest services and retail.
Computer experience required
Varies with Museum open hours, Tuesday through Sunday.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your resume to Human Resources, Maltz Museum of Jewish Heritage, 2929 Richmond Rd., Beachwood, Ohio, 44122, firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
The Maltz Museum of Jewish Heritage provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, disability, political affiliation or other legally protected status.