Visitor Services Associate
SUPERVISOR: Manager of Volunteers and Visitor Services
SCHEDULE: Part-Time (10-15 hours per week)
The Visitor Services Associate acts as a customer service agent in all areas of the Museum relating to admissions, crowd flow, Museum Store sales and ticketing for groups, schools, general admission, members and VIPs. The VSA also demonstrates exemplary customer service for special events and assists in handling all issues related to visitor safety and comfort. The VSA acts as the coordinator for all front-of-house activities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide excellent front desk, Museum Store and general program customer service
- Open and close the Museum including cash registers at front desk and in Museum Store
- Carry out all policies, procedures and practices for Volunteers and Visitor Services
- Input data for ticket sales, information requests, etc.
- Sell memberships and Museum Store merchandise
- Coordinate ticketing and crowd-flow
- Ensure Admission and Museum Store desks are well organized and promotional material is fully stocked and up to date
- Troubleshoot computer problems and functions
- Recommend ways to improve front-of-house processes
- Maintain a cordial and open atmosphere for volunteers
- Assist with set-up and management of private and special events
- Maintain a safe environment for visitors, staff, and volunteers
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma required, college preferred
- Visitor/guest services, retail or work with volunteers requested
- Excellent organizational skills
- Great social skills for dealing with the public
- Interest in working with diverse audiences
- A collaborative team player
- Strong customer service focus
- Computer literate, database experience a plus
Flexible. Varies with Museum open hours, evenings and weekends as needed.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this position, send your resume to Human Resources, Maltz Museum of Jewish Heritage, 2929 Richmond Rd., Beachwood, Ohio, 44122 or email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
ABOUT THE MALTZ MUSEUM
The Maltz Museum celebrates culture and identity to encourage connection and promote a greater appreciation of Jewish heritage and the diversity of the human experience. A valued educational resource, personal stories of struggle, courage and creativity are brought to life through interactive exhibitions and thought-provoking programs.
The Maltz Museum of Jewish Heritage provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, disability, political affiliation or other legally protected status.