The Maltz Museum was founded in a collaboration between The Maltz Family Foundation, the Jewish Federation of Cleveland’s Centennial Initiative and The Temple-Tifereth Israel with research support from the Western Reserve Historical Society.
The Maltz Family Foundation
In addition to the Maltz Museum, The Maltz Family Foundation has provided leadership and financial support to a wide range of cultural and educational ventures. Established by Milton and Tamar Maltz, The Maltz Family Foundation supports nonprofit groups nationally and internationally.
Jewish Federation of Cleveland
The Jewish Federation of Cleveland is one of the largest grant-makers in Ohio, distributing more than $90 million per year from its annual campaign, philanthropic funds, endowments and supporting foundations to a wide variety of social service, education and humanitarian efforts in Cleveland, Israel and elsewhere in the world.
The Temple-Tifereth Israel
Founded in 1850 and led by Rabbi Richard Block since 2001, The Temple-Tifereth Israel is one of the oldest reform congregations in the United States. It has provided five acres of land to the Maltz Museum adjacent to its Beachwood campus. The Maltz Museum features The Temple-Tifereth Israel Gallery, a 2,300-square-foot area that features portions of the comprehensive collection of art and artifacts from The Temple’s Museum of Religious Art.
The Western Reserve Historical Society
Founded in 1867, the Western Reserve Historical Society is one of the largest nonprofit historical societies in the United States. Located in University Circle in Cleveland, the society was established to preserve the history of Northeast Ohio. The Western Reserve Historical Society’s extensive library of archives and artifacts has been instrumental in the creation of the Maltz Museum permanent exhibition.