Israel: Then & Now
Sunday, September 23, 2018 – Sunday, May 12, 2019
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday: 11am – 5pm
Wednesday: 11am – 9pm
Included with regular Museum admission available in advance or at the door.
While Israel has a complex history, the longing for a Jewish homeland has united a people from around the world to create a country that provides sanctuary and reflects common ideals and heritage. Israel: Then & Now highlights the country’s natural wonders, vibrant economy, and dynamic culture, documenting Israel’s profound evolution in the 70 years since the country was created.
The exhibition combines milestone moments, historic images, interactive media, and film to explore the unique country that is Israel.
- Learn about major moments in Israel’s history such as the Balfour Declaration, Israeli Independence, and the Camp David Accords.
- Discover the early Zionist movement, agricultural transformations, and current innovations in natural conservation. A 3D topographic map will highlight shifting national borders, historic sites, and varied landscape.
- Meet the people of Israel by learning about the waves of immigration that contributed to a diverse population. Visitors can explore the experiences of early Jewish pioneers, and children can imagine the courage it took to move far away and build a new society.
- Explore the creation of a unique culture and the revival of Hebrew as a spoken language. Learn about the cuisine, pop culture, music, and literature that reach across borders to influence the world.
- Be inspired by the technological and medical advancements being made in Israel today that are changing the world.
- Hear from everyday Israelis on subjects such as the role of religion in society, Israel’s creative and social challenges, politics, and the idea of Israel tomorrow.
This world premiere exhibition opens at the Maltz Museum in September 2018 and will tour nationally following that appearance.