Click job title to view details.
Title: Visitor Services Associate
Supervisor: Manager of Volunteers and Visitor Services
Schedule: Part-Time (10-15 hours per week)
The Visitor Services Assistant acts as a customer service agent in all areas of the Museum relating to admissions, crowd flow, Museum Store sales and ticketing for groups, schools, general admission, members and VIPs. The VSA also demonstrates exemplary customer service for the front desk, Museum Store, galleries and special events and assists in handling all issues related to visitor safety and comfort. The VSA acts as the coordinator for all front-of-house activities in the absence of the Director or Coordinator of Visitor Services.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide excellent front desk, Museum Store and general program customer service
- Open and close the Museum in the absence of the Director or Coordinator of Visitor Services
- Carry out all policies, procedures and practices for Volunteers and Visitor Services
- Ensure information desk and Museum Store are well organized and promotional material is fully stocked and up to date
- Coordinate ticketing and crowd-flow
- Troubleshoot computer problems and functions, when necessary
- Maintain a safe environment for visitors, staff, and volunteers
- Recommend ways to improve front-of-house systems
- Provide accurate cash depositing and reporting
- Maintain a cordial and open atmosphere for volunteers
- Assist with set-up and management of private events
- Input data around ticket sales, information requests, etc.
- Conduct visitor satisfaction surveys
- Provide support for special events
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma required, college preferred
- Two years’ visitor/guest services, retail or work with volunteers requested
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good social skills for dealing with the public
- Interest in working with diverse audiences
- A collaborative team player
- Strong customer service focus
- Computer literate, database experience a plus
Flexible. Varies with Museum open hours, evenings and weekends as needed.
How To Apply:
To be considered for this position, send your resume to Human Resources, Maltz Museum of Jewish Heritage, 2929 Richmond Rd., Beachwood, Ohio, 44122 or email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
About The Maltz Museum:
The Maltz Museum celebrates culture and identity to encourage connection and promote a greater appreciation of Jewish heritage and the diversity of the human experience. A valued educational resource, personal stories of struggle, courage and creativity are brought to life through interactive exhibitions and thought-provoking programs.
The Maltz Museum of Jewish Heritage provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, disability, political affiliation or other legally protected status.