Click job title to view details
There are no open positions at this time. Please check back regularly for updates.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Visitor Services Assistant will act as a customer service agent in all areas of the Museum relating to admissions, crowd flow, ticketing for groups, schools, Museum Store sales, general admission, members, and VIP’s. The VSA will also show exemplary customer service for front desk, Museum Store, galleries and special events; and, assist in handling all issues related to visitor safety and comfort. The VSA acts as the coordinator for all front-of-house activities in the absence of the Director or Coordinator of Visitor Services.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide excellent front desk, museum store and general program customer service.
- Open and close the Museum in the absence of the Director or Coordinator of Visitor Services.
- Carry out all policies, procedures and practices for Volunteers and Visitor Services.
- Ensure information desk and museum store are well organized.
- Coordinate ticketing and crowd-flow.
- Troubleshoot computer problems and functions, when necessary.
- Maintain a safe environment for visitors, staff, and volunteers.
- Recommend ways to improve front-of-house systems.
- Provide accurate cash depositing and reporting.
- Maintain a cordial and open atmosphere for volunteers.
- Assist with set-up and management of private events.
Minimum Education Requirements
High School diploma, College preferred
Minimum Experience Required
Two years visitor/guest services, retail, or work with Volunteers.
Varies with Museum open hours, evenings and weekends as needed
Please send your resume to Human Resources, Maltz Museum of Jewish Heritage, 2929 Richmond Rd., Beachwood, Ohio, 44122, email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
The Maltz Museum of Jewish Heritage provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, disability, political affiliation or other legally protected status.