In October 2005, the Museum opened as a partnership between the Milton and Tamar Maltz Family Foundation, the Jewish Community Federation of Cleveland and The Temple-Tifereth Israel. These partners provided the land and funds that made our region’s newest cultural gem a reality.
Today, the Maltz Museum has become an invaluable part of our community, with interpretive programs that contemplate the past and explore the future, Special Exhibitions that encourage new perspectives and permanent exhibitions that spread the messages of tolerance, inclusion and diversity.
We can only continue this work with your generous support. Memberships, retail sales and events cover about one quarter of our annual budget; the rest comes from philanthropic funding.
You can play an important role in sharing the American story and educating generations to come. We will work with you to find the best way to fulfill your philanthropic goals. Call us to discuss your passion; we can help you design a meaningful, tax-deductible charitable investment.
- Name one of the Museum’s spaces or permanent exhibits for your family or company and leave your lasting legacy of philanthropy
- Receive maximum visibility through sponsorship of a Special Exhibition
- Help teach diversity and tolerance by sponsoring school visits to the Museum; more than 20,000 students have visited since our opening
- Enhance your reputation for community concern by sponsoring an educational program or series, symposium, film or lecture — pick a topic that resonates with you and demonstrates your passion
- Fund lifelong learning and senior activity by supporting our volunteer programs (e.g. docent training, volunteer appreciation events)
- Help insure that future generations can benefit from our lessons with an endowment gift that will build a solid foundation for the Museum
- Partner with us in our mission with a gift to our Annual Fund
- Make a planned gift through your estate
- Form a named fund in honor or in memory of a loved one
Join the Museum as a member and enrich your experience with special members-only benefits and privileges; purchase a donor level membership and enjoy the same benefits while providing additional support to the Museum; or become a Corporate Member