November 14, 2013
Can you believe there are only six weeks left in the year? It’s time to start looking ahead to the New Year and getting excited about all the cool things that will be happening at the Maltz Museum. Here are five to get you going:
- Yentl Performance Preview – people have already started to reserve tickets for this free event; don’t be left out! Call and reserve yours today!
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day – the Museum will be open for free and will premiere A Conversation Among Icons: Martin Luther King, Rosa Parks and Gandhi by Cleveland’s own poet, playwright, educator, and activist Dr. Mary E. Weems. In the one-act play Dr. King is visited by Rosa Parks and Gandhi in prison and various conversations ensue. (January 20)
- Begin the Conversation – a four month long program series using the Museum as a place in the community for ongoing discussions and dialogue. Programs for each month will be geared towards the group celebrated in that month: Women’s History (March); Arab American History (April); Jewish American History (May): LGBT Pride (June)
- Jewish Food & Culture Festival – your annual taste of Jewish cuisine and entertainment (August)
- State of Deception: The Power of Nazi Propaganda – another powerful exhibition from the US Holocaust Memorial Museum (Fall 2014)
As always, dates are subject to change so be sure to check back for updates. See you again in two weeks with a post all about Thanksgivukkah.