Looking for something to do this Thanksgiving holiday break? The Maltz Museum of Jewish Heritage will be open on Wednesday, November 21 from 11am to 9pm and Friday, November 23 from 11am to 5pm. Enjoy the spirit of the holiday season by touring the museum, shopping the museum store, and donating an item to support those in need. The Maltz Museum of Jewish Heritage is located at 2929 Richmond Road in Beachwood. For more information call 216-593-0575 or visit online www.maltzmuseum.org.
Five Ways to Celebrate the Holiday Season with the Maltz Museum:
- Explore Local and Global Jewish History — The popular special exhibition, Israel: Then & Now makes its world premiere in Cleveland and invites visitors to see the landmarks, learn the history, explore the culture, and meet the people through a combination of milestone moments, historic images, interactive media, and film. A StoryWalk creates a family friendly environment in which younger children can read story panels from an original book, Ari & Abigail’s Passport to Israel, and participate in hands on crafts and activities as they move through the exhibition. Everyone is invited to write a wish or prayer that the Museum will deliver to Israel and place in the cracks of the Western Wall. Also on view is the Museum’s core collection, which explores Cleveland’s Jewish history through the lens of creating a more inclusive community for everyone.
- Shop the Museum Store — A boutique shop with unique finds, the Museum Store offers stylish Judaica and holiday gifts for the ones you love. Wide variety of menorahs to choose from. Beautiful and eclectic selection of jewelry, scarves, bags and satchels, home decor, books, toys, games, and other items that ranges from sophisticated to fun! Stop in just to shop or as part of your museum visit.
- Donate an Item for Someone in Need — Share in the season of giving by dropping off an item for Operation Warm Up, a community collection of winter clothes for those in need, a project of National Council of Jewish Women. Items needed are: Adult waterproof winter coats, gloves and boots; New packaged socks and underwear for men, women & children; Winter hats for men, women & children; and, Adult Hoodies (2XL and up). It feels good to give back!
- Light Candles for Chanukah — All ages and backgrounds are invited to join us for a family fun event to celebrate the Jewish holiday of Chanukah. Hear the story, sing traditional songs, make holiday crafts, and more on Wed, December 5 at 5pm at the Maltz Museum. Cantor Richard Lawrence will lead the sing-a-long with violinist Lisa Martel. Sponsored by Friends of the Maltz Museum.
- Give What You Can, Pay What You Can on Christmas — Bring a canned good donation and/or pay what you can toward Museum admission to make a Christmas Day donation and explore the inspiring stories in Israel: Then & Now, the treasures of the Temple-Tifereth Israel Gallery, and the immigrant experiences in An American Story. Docents will be available throughout the day. Plus, get creative making New Year’s cards to be donated to refugees and new immigrants. All canned goods will be donated to the Cleveland Kosher Food Pantry and the Greater Cleveland Food Bank.
For more information and admission pricing please call 216-593-0575 or visit online www.maltzmuseum.org.