Here at the Maltz Museum of Jewish Heritage we love to shop! We always find unique gifts for the people we love in our own store. This holiday season, skip the big box stores and check out boutique gifts to show your appreciation. Here’s what we are buying now:
1. GIFTS THAT CHANGE THE WORLD: “I love these handbags! I bought an orange satchel for weekend wear. I got one for myself and one for each of my daughters and sister. They are durable and fun!” – Cathy Randall, Volunteer Coordinator and fabulous fashionista. Made by HHP, this purchase not only looks great on but also helps provide a pathway out of poverty for a global artisan network. Buy it for yourself or a loved one and do a little good around the globe.
2. SENDING LOVE TO A LOVED ONE: “These Jewish Penicillin mugs make me smile. If someone I know isn’t feeling well, this is a great go-to gift, especially if they are living far away. If I can’t bring them a bowl of soup myself, I can still let them know I’m thinking of them and sending them love.” – Helen Fineberg, Museum Store Manager and gifting guru. Designed by a Brooklyn artisan, these giant soup mugs can be found in our Beachwood store for a limited time only.
3. A LITTLE BIT OF WHIMSY: “The face vases really appeal to my sense of whimsy and delight!” – Jeffery Allen, Director of Education & Programs and busy dad of three. Keep them laughing with these popular face vases, each with a different expression. Purchase individually or as a set and let someone know how you really feel about them!
4. A TASTE OF TRADITION: “I like to give things that people will use often. Challah boards and covers are my favorite. They come in a variety of price ranges and styles to fit everyone’s taste. What can I say, I’m very practical!” – Susan Friedman, Director of Finance and very practical shopper. They say gifts connected to bread symbolize a hope that the house never knows hunger and always has full cupboards. These gifts are both practical and meaningful.
5. MAKE IT PERSONAL: “Jewelry is something I always adore. Jewelry is a personal gift. When someone wears it, they think of you. Right now, I am into these big modern bobble necklaces. The solid pop of color feels like art. I just think it’s the perfect gift from a museum!” – Gabrielle Goodman, Manager of Group Sales & Private Events and style maven. This jewelry collection is created by a Berlin-based designer, inspired by modern and contemporary art. Hurry in— all the pieces from this collection are selling fast!
6. SO UNIQUE: “If I had to pick just one thing, the lasercut bowls are colorful and unique for everyday use or decoration. You can’t find something like this anywhere else!” – Renee Leonard, Special Projects Coordinator and all around special gal. Made from stainless steel, they are designed by an Israeli artist and hand-painted in bright and bold colors. A store favorite!
7. THE POWER OF HEALING: “These healing amulets and bowls are such a feel good gift. If someone is going through a tough time, this lets them know I am thinking of them and always with them.” – Heather Johnson-Banks, Development Manager and thoughtful friend. Accomplished potter Irene Helitzer created these amulets in response to the need for something tangible to convey a message of caring during difficult times. The bowls feature angels with a message of good wishes. A thoughtful way to let someone know you care.
8. EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING: “Everything in the store is so cool, really incredible stuff you can’t find anywhere else. So whoever you’re buying for, whatever their style, the store has something for you.” – David Schafer, Managing Director and frequent Museum shopper. Don’t know what you’re after but know you want something special? We’ve got you covered!
For a personal shopping appointment, please call Helen Fineberg at 216.593.0581 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Regular store hours are Tuesday through Sunday, 11am – 5pm. We are open late Wednesday until 9pm.