Everyday Heroes Activity Center
Tuesday, June 5 – Sunday, August 12, 2018
The Everyday Heroes Activity Center uses the Maltz Museum’s special exhibition space to offer children and families a way to explore the values of everyday heroes, celebrating everyday superpowers within each of us through books, crafts, and movement. Make your own masks and capes, zoom around the good mood movement area, paint kindness rocks to give and share, build a better world with jumbo blocks, be the hero of your own story at our puppet theater, and more! Plus, you can explore the Museum’s core exhibition, An American Story, on a self-guided tour designed for younger audiences on the Everyday Heroes StoryWalk.
Benefits of bringing a group of 10 or more:
- Your group will be welcomed by a friendly docent who will stay with you for an hour of your visit.
- Each child will receive a superhero welcome sticker and an Everyday Heroes tote bag to take home the things they make. For example, they can decorate their own take-home fabric cape, paper mask, and macaroni necklace.
- Each child will have access to the entire Everyday Heroes Activity Center to explore crafts, books, movement, imaginative play, and more!
- The Everyday Heroes StoryWalk will be open to explore our core exhibition, An American Story,in a child-friendly way.
- $3/child, 10 child minimum + no charge for an adult chaperone per 10 children ($5 for additional adult chaperones). Recommended for age 8 and under.
Everyday Heroes is generously sponsored by